**How you can keep this blog alive!

.......Please visit the advertisements posted on this blog if they are helpful to you!
.......Please follow my blog and I assure you it'll be updated weekly!
.......Please share my posts to your friends if they're helpful!
.......Please let me know topic u would like me to blog about I'll find out more for you!

Glass door - cost and review

I have 3 glass doors installed in my house. 2 in the kitchen and 1 at my MBR bathroom. Doors can be expensive and cost a bomb to your renovation budget, thus choose the right design carefully and wisely.

Costs:
1) Hinged glass door at the entrance to backyard (clear without matte finished) - $400

(exclude sticker - sticker cost $2 from Daiso)
2) Sliding glass door at the entrance to kitchen (clear without matte finished) - $600

(exclude sticker - sticker costs around $10)
3) Hinged glass door for MBR toilet (matte finished) - $450

(Price listed above are direct price from factory, you might want to mark up a bit if yours are from ID or contractor)

How to save cost:
1) Buy direct from factory, I got mine from a glass factory in Marsiling
2) As you can see, matte finished is more expensive than clear glass door, unless the door is installed for toilet, you can choose clear glass door and decorate it with some stickers. The reason I put stickers on the glass door is to avoid people from banging against the door when it is closed, it is especially dangerous for sliding door, funny, but it really happen in my old house before, when the door is closed, you can't really see that it is closed or open..... Besides, the sticker also made my doors looked elegant, don't they?

Pros of glass door:
1) The pro is of course it looked more classy and elegant, definitely better than the wooden doors.
2) It creates spaces for small room, not only the sliding door, even the hinged door make you feel your room is bigger, the effect is just like those glass windows.
3) It is easier to maintain the cleanliness compare to the wooden door, no wear and tear on the door except on the hinge.

Cons of glass door:
1) Cost more expensive than wooden door
2) Need extra care not to bang the door (although it is tempered glass)
3) The hinge might give sounds over time as the door is heavy
4) High repair cost if any of the hinge spoilt
5) Need timely cleaning if not will have visible finger prints etc

Maintenance:
Just wipe with damp cloth will do, once a month. For door installed in Kitchen, you might need to use some detergent when cleaning and wiping, as the oil will stick on the door due to cooking, but still it'll be easier to clean compare to wooden door.



Contacts:
Those who are interested to get the door may contact Mr Tan at 96354336!

49 Responses
  1. Patricia Says:

    Hi,

    Can you share the contact for your glass doors with me at ruiyan_lin@yahoo.com.sg? Thanks!



  2. khairina Says:

    Hi,

    Interested in your sliding glass door. Can you share me the supplier contact at khairina_online@singnet.com.sg?
    Thank you.


  3. Mylittlecasa Says:

    Hi Khairina,
    Have emailed you :)


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Hi,

    Can I check if the price includes the sliding tracks?

    Can you share the contact with me? sarjocpc@yahoo.com.sg

    Thanks!


  5. Mylittlecasa Says:

    Yes, cost include installation n sliding track. Do note the track is fixed at the top so it is not so visible, I'll post a picture of the track soon


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Hi, mylittlecasa,

    Nice blog, could you please share with me your contact for the sliding glass door? By the way, is it top hung type?

    Thanks in advance!
    Lin
    airconlin@yahoo.com


  7. Mylittlecasa Says:

    Hi Lin,
    Have emailed u :)


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Hi, very nice glass doors you've got .. Can you pm me your glass doors supplier contact to zhen48@yahoo.com.sg...Many thanks in advance..huizhen



  9. Anonymous Says:

    hi nice informative blog. can PM me the glass door supplier contact and address at redza17@gmail.com.

    thanx :)


  10. Anonymous Says:

    Hi, for your kitchen's sliding door, how many panel is yours, can you pls let me know your supplier.

    Thank You!!

    My email address is : ctcc23@gmail.com.


  11. mylittlecasa Says:

    Hi redza17,
    I've emailed you.

    Hi ctcc23,
    The sliding door only 1 panel, will email you.


  12. Anonymous Says:

    hi nice info you got. can PM me the glass door supplier contact and address at davidlim007@hotmail.com.

    thanx :)


  13. mylittlecasa Says:

    Ha,
    The contact was posted above, Mr Tan at 96354336!
    Anyway i'll email you too :)


  14. Anonymous Says:

    Hi mylittlecasa

    Can you email me the name and address of the door supplier at wong.jenee@gmail.com?

    Thank you!


  15. mylittlecasa Says:

    Hi jenee,
    Have emailed u Mr Tan contact at 96354336


  16. Anonymous Says:

    Hi mylittlecasa

    Can you email me the name and address of the door supplier at idk1981@gmail.com?

    Thank you!


  17. mylittlecasa Says:

    Hi all,
    from now onwards no more reply of emails for the contact as I've stated the contact for Mr Tan clearly in the article!
    And this is my last repeat of the contact:


    Mr Tan at 96354336!


  18. Anonymous Says:

    Hi mylittlecasa,

    Could I get your contact for the glass door factory? Pls email me at fanaraffid@gmail.com. Thanks!


  19. mylittlecasa Says:

    Hi all,
    from now onwards no more reply of emails for the contact as I've stated the contact for Mr Tan clearly in the article!
    And this is my last repeat of the contact:


    Mr Tan at 96354336!


  20. Ashley Says:

    Hi,

    Does your contractor charge you installation fee for the master bedroom glass door since you're not buying directly from him?

    ID quoted me $680 for material and installation.


  21. mylittlecasa Says:

    Hi Ashley,
    No, coz by introducing me to the glass factory, he's earning a commission from the factory, so installation is done by the factory.
    ID will quote you higher price to earn the margin.


  22. Anonymous Says:

    hi,

    I am renovating my house and came across your blog 1 week ago. It has been very helpful and have since incorporated few tips from your blog. I would like the address of the glass factory in marsiling. Pls send it to shrivathsa@ymail.com. thanx and all the best.

    mrs.vathsa


  23. Anonymous Says:

    May I know what is the size of the sliding door? Thank you.


  24. Anonymous Says:

    Hi,

    Can i have the contact for your glass doors at bluepink1234@gmail.com? Thanks!


  25. Anonymous Says:

    Hi, able to give me the contact for your glass doors...email to kean_en@yahoo.com.sg....thks :)


  26. Anonymous Says:

    Hi, love the glass door design. Can give me the contact at derricklim9999@gmail.com


  27. Unknown Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  28. Unknown Says:

    I just wanted to show that winny has indicated in this blog, the contact for the glass door


  29. jean Says:

    hi. could you please provide me the contact for the glass door? my email is sunshinegoh73@gmail.com

    thank you!

    jean


  30. Anonymous Says:

    Hi, could you pls email me the contact for the glass door? My email is anburavi@hotmail.com.

    Thank you v much!

    Malar


  31. mylittlecasa Says:

    Thanks spencerevelyn, yes, contact had been stated on the post, please do not ask me for it :)


  32. Anonymous Says:

    Can I have the contact person for the glass door? badboybarrio21@gmail.com


  33. Anonymous Says:

    Hello, I'm planning to install a sliding door to my kitchen. Pls contact me. joel.dizon@live.com thanks.


  34. Anonymous Says:

    Hi, I am just wondering how the state of the glass door is now? Is it still in good condition?


  35. mylittlecasa Says:

    Still in good condition. Must take care of the hinge and rail.


  36. Jean Says:

    Hi Mr Tan is the 1 doing installation? Or I hv to find ppl to install?


  37. Sheena Says:

    Hi..
    Can i have the contact as well? pls contact me @ anastasia_xin@yahoo.com.sg. Thank You


  38. Very good review for glass door


  39. **eRa** Says:

    So meaning,mrTan will quote price of glass door n install fo u??
    Intend to put glass door at kitchen entranxe but its just slide to close n cannot lock right??


  40. **eRa** Says:

    So meaning,mrTan will quote price of glass door n install fo u??
    Intend to put glass door at kitchen entranxe but its just slide to close n cannot lock right??


  41. Unknown Says:

    Hi, can email me the contacts for sliding tempered glass door at : poziar@yahoo.com

    - thanks


  42. Unknown Says:

    Hi,

    Can email me the contacts for sliding door to jeremiah_lim@hotmail.com? Thanks.


  43. Rizal Says:

    Hi, can you email me the contact for the glass door factory in Marsiling. You can email me to rushhour7624@gmail.com



  44. Unknown Says:

    Hi mylittlecasa

    Could you please email me your contact for glass doors to me at WILLSON.NOSLLIW@GMAIL.COM?

    They look fantastic.

    Regards
    Willson




Important Notice

Please note that all photographs posted on my website are my proprietaries. Should you need to use any of them, kindly email to winnyyap@hotmail.com to seek my approval.
Use of photographs without my consent will be treated as copyright infringement and I will make police report against any company or individual for doing so.

    Contact Me

    For advertorial or enquiries, email to:
    winnyyap@hotmail.com

    The Purpose of this blog

    The purpose of this blog is to share with you my experience in renovating my house. Renovation can be a hassle for most people especially in sourcing for contractors and supplies. I hope the information I've shared here can shorten your time spent on doing research or marketing.
    Feel free to drop me a comment or question on all my posts, I assure you that they'll be answered in shortest possible time.

    Follow this blog

    Total Pageviews