**How you can keep this blog alive!

.......Please visit the advertisements posted on this blog if they are helpful to you!
.......Please follow my blog and I assure you it'll be updated weekly!
.......Please share my posts to your friends if they're helpful!
.......Please let me know topic u would like me to blog about I'll find out more for you!

Think twice before you purchase from Harvey Norman!

Although I purchased my Bosh washine machine and Sony blue-ray from Harvey Norman, I do not have good impression of their salesmen, and given a chance, I'll not choose Harvey Norman. Last weekend, I made my mistake by going to Harvey Norman thinking that it was Gain City! Anyway since I was there and I had limited time to purchase the items needed for my tenanted house, I decided to make my purchase there thinking that the price will not be different too much.
My requirement was pretty simple, I just want something cheap, because the items were for my tenant, a calculative owner like me would not spend too much on the items, and I told the salesman there frankly about my budget. I quickly settled my purchase of a Sumsung fridge at $449, a LG 6.5kg washing machine at $299, and a Techno Gas hob at $289. The salesman kept pushing another LG fridge to me, for which the design is obviously not as good as the Sumsung fridge, which I spent time to keep telling her why I didn't want it. She also told me that I need to pay $30 to the Techno Gas man to install the hob, fine.
My real fire started one day later when my tenant told me the hood is not working properly and I went back Harvey Norman to check whether I can add in one more hood. As I bought a Techno Gas hob from HN already, I thought by adding a Techno Gas hood I can save the installation cost or probably get a lower price, but this is not the case! I stand there waited 10 minutes like an idiot and the salesman told me my hood size is too big that Techno Gas has no matching hood for it, unless I consider Glass top hood!? I told him I want a cheap hood, and I'm ok with any brands, still, he searched and searched his catalog like I had given him a tough task! He then turned to me and said that only one hood from Electrolux can fit the measurement, and that costs $445, after discount will be $399, and I need to pay $35 for installation, she said this money is paid to the contractor and not HN. I was a bit unhappy as I can't believe Techno Gas has no hood (other than those higher range) that can meet my measurement. When I asked why do I need to pay for installation again as I had also bought a hob from HN, was it because they are different brands? She replied me that even if the hob and hood are same brand, I still need to pay for installation charge for both as they are two different things, she further gave me a stupid example that if you buy 2 water heaters, the installation charge will be doubled. Still, I gave in to say yes, as I did not want to spend time to argue on the small discount, she then told me that the size of the hood is just 2 cm more than the hole of my measurement, and lesser than my current hood, this make me worry and I can't take it anymore! I told her, I'm not buying anymore, I don't get cheaper price for adding one more purchase, and worst still I don't have choices over the hood! Why should I buy from HN then?! I'm glad that my mind was finally clear.
On the same day, I went to Courts in TPY centre. When I was there, I straight away told the salesman my measurement, and my budget, he immediately introduced a 3 burners UNO hood for $358. Uno is a brand under Techno Gas, I was surprised that Courts can find me one cheap hood that can match my measurement and yet HN cannot! The salesman told me no installation charge, just delivery charge of $30! He even told me if this hood cannot meet the measurement, I can upgrade to another Techno hood at no cost! Just pay for the price difference of $20! I regret for buying my other items from HN, as Courts showroom has plenty cheaper stuff and more varieties, each station they have a salesman who are promoting their items aggressively, unlike HN you get many uncles and anties with limited knowledge serving you there. If I were to buy my hob from Courts, I would have saved at least the $35 installation charge. I remember year ago I bought my items from Courts at 3 different dates, they did not charge me delivery fee for the subsequent purchases.
Xian! Money spent cannot be recovered, I just hope you do your research before committing the purchase, do not end up like me!
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I recently also wonder why also their price obviously high, High compare Best denki/Courts for the refrigerator. and around $200 different all almost any brand they got , design all same inside out all same, but price very expensive, one of the sale man toll me because model number different compare last time and because of energy saving is upgraded, Really!?


Important Notice

Please note that all photographs posted on my website are my proprietaries. Should you need to use any of them, kindly email to winnyyap@hotmail.com to seek my approval.
Use of photographs without my consent will be treated as copyright infringement and I will make police report against any company or individual for doing so.

    Contact Me

    For advertorial or enquiries, email to:
    winnyyap@hotmail.com

    The Purpose of this blog

    The purpose of this blog is to share with you my experience in renovating my house. Renovation can be a hassle for most people especially in sourcing for contractors and supplies. I hope the information I've shared here can shorten your time spent on doing research or marketing.
    Feel free to drop me a comment or question on all my posts, I assure you that they'll be answered in shortest possible time.

    Follow this blog

    Total Pageviews